March 29, 2012

Livin'in a room

I'm still housesitting, about to go feed the horses and collect eggs from the hen house soon !
My only company inside the house is little kitten Romeo. My little brother and stepmum
will get back home sometime during the day, and dad is away for couple of days.
I'll be staying here, at my dad's house / stables until tomorrow. I said before
that I might be completely away, but I have published & read your comments
via mobile. I could use the computer but I don't want to really. I'll just rather enjoy
this "farm living" hehe with only a little piece of outside world (checking twitter &
comments :D I will reply to all of you tomorrow & through weekend.)
Well, I still wanted to post something today, so here's a little something
I saved to the blog archive for later view. :) 
The subject is new additions to our home !

We bought brand new looking brown sofa from my schoolmate for only 40 euros!
It's huge, comfy and ..perfect!
My dad and boyfriend S carried it down and up all the stairs,
thank you [even though they wont be reading this hehe]
From another friend of mine we got cd-tower for S, exactly the same kind as mine 
[can be found in these photos].
My friend wanted only 2 euros for that! But I also took "I <3 my cat" -pillow
for cat Sasu [my bf's family's] so paid 5 for both items.   I hope he'll
like it! The mirror is from JYSK and wings from Tiimari - craft etc. store.
There's also a little sign "Dream", from Sinooperi. These are all Finnish /
Scandinavian / European stores, so wont probably say anything to faraway visitors:]
Pillow on the right is from H&M, and on the left a b-day gift from my
boyfriend's mum to me (from AmandaB) Ooh what else is there,
that blanket is from Hemtex and it's the softest thing ever.
Makes feel all lovely and cuddly everytime you crawl underneath it.

Place to take a nap!

S's guitar in the corner with my magazine piles ..and other random stuff that needs to be organized.


Venice
I finally found frames for giveaway prize that I won. (host Pics-O-Andrea, photo the Charming)
Or to be more accurate, I had these all along.. used to belong to my grandad & his wife / my grandmum. 
Pappa past away, and she moved to another town last year to be closer to her own grandkids.
 And I got these lovely wooden frames, along with some other stuff :)
From the picture you can't really tell how big they are, the size of frames is about 41 x 52 cm.
 I need glass for it, and some background plywood or something.
Now there's only a piece of grey cardboard behind.

Follow Indie by Heart.

25 comments :

  1. Ohhh :) nice frames. I love this pics!!

    Greetings from Barcelona

    Nia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great post, I really like this room, these pics are so nice!
    Take a look and if you want we can follow each others: Cosa mi metto???
    Three lucky person will win a pair of sunnies of therir choice, enter the contest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to write a ledger on this topic. I need to find it. Great Post!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the frame you got from your grandmother is so beautiful! I love vintage things and style very much and try to follow it in my own house as well. at least as much as I can.
    your home posts are something I always really enjoy reading overall :) btw, you should take photos of the place where you're spending time right now! I would love to see the animals!

    Maiken/
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your interiors are beautiful and that French chic mirror its just lovely!



    <3 Mandy xx
    http://frocksandotherfrivolities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just get some foam core board and cut to fit behind the image, then you can cover the back with craft paper:) pretty frame and cute blog!

    <3 Lindsey

    2ofakinda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. aaaaaaaaw! I really love all the photos the mirror is amazing and i love all the cushions with messages looks amazing! (:
    Hope you have a nide day!:D
    xxx

    http://www.livelymixture.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the pictures, the mirror is beautiful.

    http://www.descontraidas.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks great!
    Love the wings :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woah the sofa is huge, but it looks so chic! I love your new header by the way. xx

    www.almostdelightful.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pictures. I love that mirror and those angel wings.

    I am glad you are enjoying house sitting. I wish I could get away for a couple weeks and house sit for someone. What you are doing sounds so relaxing.

    Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely post! such pretty mirror and the touch of those wings is just perfect. peace

    http://lovelyboheme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the frame and that gorgeous big mirror!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post, I like the room, and really nice pillows.
    xoxo
    Christy

    http://am2pmchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your place looks so good right now! I love the addition of the couch, it makes the whole place look really homey and comfy.

    Sorry for not visiting recently. I've just been so busy with uni and I haven't really had the time to visit blogs and stuff. Hope you are doing well!:)
    chimericalperfection.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. love it!

    Blog- www.fabulousevangalene.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing photos

    Ps: Thanks for commenting

    xo

    http://nomambojambo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love those pillows! Have fun house-sitting!

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings
    BTW - our blog just turned 1 this week so we are having a giveaway if you want to enter. http://herlatenightcravings.blogspot.com/2012/03/1-year-blogiversary-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks beautiful - I love interiors posts x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm a bit jealous that you have reading the Hunger Games to look forward too! You should get them at amazon, it's a great price :)

    I've said this before; that Venice photo is really beautiful! It's always fun with different and personal wall-art!

    I hope you've had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your blog is so great :) Loved that! Would you like to visit mine and maybe we can follow each other? :)

    ReplyDelete