January 6, 2013

When Old is New Again
+ Sponsor Thoughts

As said, I registered to Etsy some time ago, so I get updates to my email all the time 
.. so from now onI'll put every other fashion etc. newsletter to spam hehe : D
 Well at least I'm trying to support handcrafters and artists here, even more than 
I previously have. I love making things myself, but tend to be quite lazy,
 so why not show support to inventive and creative people?

And with that said, I will also re-think about my sponsors for this year. 
I'd love to support small-business owners more than huge companies.
If anyone who has their own shop and is reading this, email me at
indiebyheart@gmail.com
and tell me more about your blog / site / etsy store. :)
I'm open to suggestions; hosting giveaways at my blog, swapping buttons, guest posts etc.


* * * * * * * * * *
I usually just tie my hair up to a bun, but the other day I made something different and simple.
Side ponytail with a little twist.


Click to see the outfit ..


jewelry from Glitter. "diamond" studs are still available (part of Pure Silver -collection)




long top, printed scarf, faux leather jacket  / H&M
leggings, oversize knit, belt / Gina Tricot
furry bag / KappAhl
boots / Kookenkä

(everything is old! :)



* * * * * * * * * *

Thinking part :

I don't see myself as one of those who wear something they've bought once (if ever) and then gets rid of it. For instance, there's so many pieces of clothing in my wardrobe that I've had for several years. Some I've forgotten, but then I'm finding them again after a while and they seem like brand new pieces to me! Like this long top I bought from H&M, when they opened in my town ..already many many years ago. One day I even found a tricot cardigan that I've had since I was 12 (that makes it a 13 year old shirt hah!) I do get rid off some old stuff every now and then; I usually sell them at flea market, but lately I haven't had the chance to do so. I've even thought about a blog shop for a thousand times, if not more, but still haven't got enough time for organizing that either. We'll see what this year brings. But I can tell you one thing, I never throw my used stuff to garbage,like I've heard that some people do! That's just a complete waste .. It's better to donate unwanted stuffto charity or friends. And what would be even better choice, and could be my one of my 
new years resolutions:
don't haul stuff that you want just because it's cheap, or someone else has it and you just had to have it too. Be unique, make more finds at vintage / thrift stores. Don't over consume.
I'm really trying to keep myself away from all the attractions at local shops,but I've failed to keep my hands off from all the lovely, sparkly and ridiculously cheap sale items ! I've allowed myself to buy only gorgeous pieces that look really expensive, and which I'm going to wear various times - is that fair enough? A compromise. :)

12 comments :

  1. Hi doll, you always find the loveliest accessories, its great that you support Esty establishments, very charming outfit. I like your list of resolutions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Cute outfit! Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olen monesta jutusta ihan samaa mieltä! Ja tosi kiva ponnari, täytyy testata itsekin :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with your bag. The fur detailing is beautiful :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. En kans tykkää siitä meiningistä et kerran käytetään jotain ja sit suunnilleen heitetään rodeen.
    Mullakin on vaatteita jotka on ollu mulla teinistä asti.. joka tarkottaa että ne rupee oleen kohta 20 vee vanhoja :D Hurjaa :D!!! (Ihme kun mahtuu vielä XD)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ai ni, ja Retrosta laitoin kuvia tänään :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year! May the year be everything we expected ;)


    XX,
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nätti asu! Toi pienten yritysten tukeminen kuulostaa kivalta, mun mielestä se sopis sun blogin tyyliin hienosti :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you have a new blog design? I like it a lot!
    Good idea to support smaller shops. There is a german website (like etsy) dawanda.com some of the shops send also to other countries. :) Some shops have really cute things!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look so cute! I especially like your scarf. x


    Fashion Landscape

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a wonderful blog, love the ponytail, so pretty! Also I like how you've styled this!

    Glad I stumbled upon your blog!

    <3, Sonshu, www.thesonshu.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like your thoughts about 2013 ;) for example when it comes to old or simply unwanted clothes I always give part of those to my fiance's sisters and then donate the rest to those who really need it. and it feels relly good afterwards :) oh and I also try not to buy stuff I don't need. I share your opinion - discovering old stuff can be really great!
    btw, those stud earrings are something I have been wanting (or at least something similar..) and I just love your super fancy scarf!

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete