April 18, 2013

The Longest Train Trip of My Life

...Was when I went to Oulu some time ago. This was work & school related trip, about my thesis (event I'm planning for Glitter with a colleague). It took me 6 hours to get there ( If you're not familiar with Finland, then take a look maps.google.com and way from Mikkeli to Oulu) and I must admit, it can be a pain in the ass to sit on a train for that long. But it was all so worth it, since we advanced really well and I got to meet some adorable people + see the center of Oulu for the first time! And also had a chance to shop and take photos around the town a bit. It felt a bit like I would have been in some mid-European city, since there were so many saved old buildings full of nice shops. And also, I've never been to Chicago, but got a feeling that this could be Finland's version of the Windy City. Brrr.

First we had a meeting with Glitter's marketing executive and had something sweet.
This chocolate cake was just heavenly.

We got a really cute gift bags with stickers, notebook, chocolate egg and other stuff from boss :))
Then started brainstorming with my colleague at my hotel room.

Got takeaway Chinese from Hai Long

..And just now noticed that there would have been a thrift shop next door!
Oh well, perhaps on next visit I'll go there too. Now it was closed anyways.

I got confused with the huge menu, so ended up getting chicken wings and nuggets with salad, rice 
and sweet&sour dip. Greasy and sinfully delicious. If there's a next time I'll have some noodle dish definitely.


And after a long day it was finally time for a bath. Luxury!
And this drink I'm holding says refreshing, but I can tell you I dropped immediately 
after bath and some Supernatural.
 

Oh and this was my hotel during the stay.


The following morning when I had time to walk around by myself.

If only our bathroom looked like this..

View from my hotel room window, this "Puistola" looked like a nice bistro.


My room was huge and with two beds, even though it was supposed to be for one person :D


Hotel buffet breakfast & checking up bloglovin'
(if you haven't followed me there yet I suggest you do so now here
since I heard a rumor that GFC is shutting down in July)


 







Photographed some amazing new Bianco shoes & accessories @ Vima: Muodin merkki






And also photo of myself trying on this cute Nümph-dress. Bought it!

And once again took photo of myself :D
On the background is a bar&bistro called "old fire station", Vanha Paloasema


Then it was finally time to take the train and head home (this time a 7 hour ride ..)
I did some work and visited blogs, and actually time flew by.

 ..And I also played a bit. 
Not really, just took a photo of myself in some family suite before anyone else got on the train
 ..Except, there was the cleaning lady..

Stop at Kajaani railway station and I just had to take photo of the building since it was so pretty..

Have you ever been to Oulu ?

34 comments :

  1. Hi dear, thanks for sharing all these wonderful memories of your trip, looks like a fantastic time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a view from your hotel! I could totally wake up to that. And that's a pretty fancy hotel room too...all that dark wood.

    http://red-soledfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Angelica! :) I really liked the room too, it was neat and nice.

      Delete
  3. Söpö tuo mekko! Oulussa tuli käytyä viime kesänä, mutten ehtinyt nähdä kuin Radissonin ja Amarillon pikkutunnit. Mutta on se matka pitkä Tampereeltakin ;) Ehkä joskus uudestaan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos ! :) Tykkäilen siitä kovasti.
      Hih mä en kerennyt testaamaan yöelämää tai ravintoloita joita mulle suositeltiin, mutta ehkä joku toinen kerta tosiaan!

      Delete
  4. I´ve never been to Oulu! But I really should got there, but better in summer. ;) When I remember right someone told me Lahti should be Finland´s Chicago...!?
    Good luck for you bachelor thesis, the collaboration sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep you remember correctly, Lahti is called Chicago :D

      Thanks! I've got rest of the year to prepare it.. :)

      Delete
  5. No olen ollut ja musta se oli syvältä, mut ehkä se johtui siitä et olin pakotettu asumaan siellä tammi- ja helmikuun tuntematta sieltä ketääm ;) Jotenkin näyttää paremmalta noin keväällä :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaw no sitten varmasti! :D Mutta tällein visiitin kannalta, oli oikein kiva kaupunki.

      Delete
  6. looks like an interesting trip! all that food is making me hungry xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) heh, it was ! making myself hungry at the moment too :D

      Delete
  7. to be honest I can't really remember.. maybe I have when I was a little girl.. not sure though. anyway, that was one really cool post! I loved seeing all those little things and details from your trip. you had some fun, some work, some amazing goodies and some delicious food. sounds like a great time for sure! ;)

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks Maiken! It was a really great, not-so-ordinary day! :) And great food too.

      Delete
  8. I have never been to this place but it looks like you had an amazing time, felt like I was right there with you!

    -Nico

    www.SatinAndSalt.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, I never heard about that city before.
    May I have a piece of schokocake from the first picture, please?
    Have a good time
    Sunny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Hehe of course you can ;)

      Delete
  10. It looks wonderful, glad you had a great time!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hih,oma blogi bongattu ;D Kivoja kuvia, mäkään en oikein rakasta pitkiä junamatkoja, mut Suomessa ei aina voi välttyä :D En ookkaan hetkeen käynyt Oulussa, viimeks varmaan viis vuotta sitten kesällä ku roadtrippailtiin tyttöjen kanssa :) xo ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Tämä oli itsellekin eka kerta, ainoastaan isotädin luona käynyt mutta se oli lähiössä. Pitää kyllä joskus päästä pidemmäksikin aikaa, testailemaan ravintoloita jne.

      Delete
  12. Looks like a lovely trip, even if the journey was very long!


    Away From the Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure was.. lovely and long ! :D

      Delete
  13. I'm actually heading to Chicago this week for a quick stop but I hope it's not that cold!
    Love that stripe dress on you, so cute!

    xo,

    www.rosehorseshoe.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seems like such a lovely place! all the food look delicious and ooo those shoes are gorgeous:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joyce!
      It sure was. Loved the little cafe and chinese food too.
      AND fell madly in love with all those new shoes ..

      Delete
  15. Hi Satu, thanks for taking the time to stop by, have a wonderful week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow that's long >_< not sure if I could do a train ride that long! looks like it was worth it though! :)

    Metallic Paws

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heeehe it sure was! But it truly was all worth it :)

      Delete
  17. really love those good loking brownieees
    so so cool!

    www.malesclutch.blogspot.com
    Sergio,xx

    ReplyDelete