September 18, 2013

Little Beauty Elf

I've become a total beauty junkie. Well, I haven't changed my make up routine dramatically
or experimented with wild eye shadows or anything like that .. but somehow I've just managed to haul myself quite a collection of blushes, lip colours and such! Only thing I'll need to fill up soon is the makeup base, since I'm almost out of Lumene mineral foundation that I'm currently using. (If you read this whole post,
you'll find something in the end worth discussing about, maybe..? :)

So now I've got some new beauties to show you. You might think that I found these online,
on e.l.f:s webstores ( eyeslipsface.co.uk or www.eyeslipsface.com ) Nope, I bought these on my trip to Riga last month. (Really, was it that close.. Feels like ages ago! ..And I know I still haven't posted about my two trips there, apologies if anyone is waiting anxiously ;) We found this tiny cosmetics boutique near our rented apartment. They offered NYX and e.l.f cosmetics with really nice prices, almost same as online actually. (Although NYX was completely new for me.) I forgot to photograph powder papers that I also bought - they're one really handy invention!







The business owner - guy was really nice and told us extra info about the business and how to use some products. For example the "Makeup Mist & Set - spray": I would have never thought about buying it for myself,
if he hadn't told us how perfect it is on hot summer days when nothing seems to stay in place on your face! It not only sets the makeup, but also corrects it and nourishes skin with Aloe, green tea, cucumber and vitamins
(A, C & E) when sprayed during the day. Cool!


Here's topic that I've been thinking about lately. Many of my girlfriends and blog mates have some beauty product that they use all the time. For example, one of my dear friends uses only specific mineral powder foundation and she fills up with same product every time it's out.
So, how would you categorize yourself?
A. You have some ultimate beauty products that you wouldn't manage without
or you have just fallen in love with some item/brand so much that you don't even want to try anything else.
Or B. Yo haven't got any favorite products that you would use all the time.

I'm definitely alternative B. When I'm out of something, I might look for the same product (if I've liked it a lot), but usually I go for something new. At the same time I can take advantage of nice discounts that the cosmetic boutique is offering at the moment. After all, money saving is huge a plus when it comes to cosmetics, since we use them almost daily. I don't have highly sensitive skin or drastic pimple situation, so I've been able to try out almost anything available - from cheap to medium priced. Of course this isn't option for everyone of us, since there's allergies and sensitivities etc. Hmm now that I'm really thinking about this, I suppose there isn't a single beauty product in my make up bag that I used 10 years ago - and I think it's absolutely fantastic! I love experimenting, and I think it's also really fun to try out different brands. To get stuck with something specific feels quite dull when there's a whole wide beauty world out there, don't ya think * heh*
There's actually something really blissful about my behavior, not trying to find perfection.
And who knows, all this wandering around might eventually lead me to be alternative A.

28 comments :

  1. I'm always afraid of the new so I stick with whatever works. I love some brands, others not so much.

    / Avy
    http://MyMotherFuckedMickJagger.blogspot.com




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, but it's completely fine if that works best for you :) Why change from something good! xx Thanks for the comment Avy.

      Delete
  2. These look great and I like the company name :)) I'm more B really, I like using new things and trying them out & if I can get something cheaper that works just as great, I'll change. But, I do have a few things that I stick to. as well. Hope you're having a great week so far xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the comment, Doll xx It's so nice to get feedback & share opinions. Nice to find someone similar to me, at least when it comes to make up. ;)

      Delete
  3. wow! that some great items you got!
    You should check mua too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adeola! :) Yes I know that brand too, but haven't tried them yet.. Perhaps soon ;) x

      Delete
  4. En oo koskaan kokeillu ton merkkisiä tuotteita :).
    Mulla rupee oleen jo aika vakkarit mitä tykkään käyttää ihonhoidossa ja pohjameikkeinä (BB-voiteet ja mineraalipuuterit), tässä iässä ei sovi sutia naamaan mitä vaan huvittaa tai se näkyy.. :D Mut värikosmetiikkaa testailen kyllä mieluusti eri merkkejä.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos paljon kommentista! ^^ Ihana kuulla erilaisia kokemuksia/tottumuksia! Juu en minäkään ehkä ihan mitä tahansa litkua naamaan tunkisi, mutta tosiaan tällaisia värikosmetiikkajuttuja ja tunnettuja pohjameikkejäkin :))

      Delete
  5. All baked cosmetic articles are so cool, love them <3

    memoiresdecouture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlotte! I do love these two :))

      Delete
  6. i love elf products!! it's amazing for me. ;)))
    will be very big pleasure if u want to follow each other..like this we can keep in touch! ;))
    blog: http://honeyandcotton.org/
    facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Honeyandcotton-Fashion-Blogger/422547954496955?fref=ts
    bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/6757331te
    g+:https://plus.google.com/108626334220279846676/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girl! Thanks so much for visiting. Will stop by at your blog now xx

      Delete
  7. Oeeeh, the colours are all looking so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, thanks Eline! :) I love them.

      Delete
  8. oh my gosh, girl, you're speaking my language. i've been a MAC & NARS junkie for awhile…but it's just too expensive sometimes. so, just the other day, i read that elf makes some similar products (a contouring bronzer-blush kit similar to NARS and a great eyebrow kit, etc.) so i stocked up at target. everything i got was $1-3 & i LOVE it all. i'm pretty much never looking back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I'm so glad you found them too!! I'm loving this brand so much already, after first purchase. x

      Delete
  9. I am someone who will stay with the same product whenever I'm done. :/ I love elf, they are one of the brand that I will stick to. The have some affordable amazing products.

    Google + / Twitter / Bloglovin / Check out BASI


    cassandra xx
    http://backtofive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks for the comment Cassandra! Nice to know you love them too xx

      Delete
  10. De baked blushes lijken me echt heel erg mooi! :D
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I don't speak (Dutch?) but I understood :)) Wow, weird.. Perhaps based on english/some german words I know? Thanks for the comment anyways ! x

      Delete
  11. Hi, your blog is so beauty, i really like it :) you have taken a lot o f cool products!!
    I'm a new follower :)

    http://redshoesforbreakfast.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Clo! :) And for following x .. And I already visited you back ;)

      Delete
  12. Elf is really affordable and such good product!
    Love the haul
    Do you want to follow each other?
    You can visit me at http://imcontrary.blogspot.com/
    xox, cece

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I do agree! Thanks for the comment x Will visit you back now.

      Delete
  13. Hei tilasin Elfiltä mineraalimeikkivoiteita (medium ja fair) ja aijai miten mahtavat löydöt! Molemmissa on neljää eri sävyä, joita voi halutessaan yhdistellä. Hirmu riittoset putelitkin! Oon niin tyytyväinen :) Ostin myös esim. mineraaliposkipunan ja Baked luomivärin, huikeita molemmat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo ihanaa! :) Täytyy kurkkia sivulle heti kun jotain tarvitsen ;) Nyt on meikkiarsenaali kunnossa ainakin jonkun aikaa! :D (Tosin ripsarin ja meikkipohjan tarviisin..)
      Kiitos ihana kommentista ♥

      Delete