November 21, 2013

The Not-so-Mad Hatter

Few months ago I attended event "Huippukaupat". (I previously wrote about it here. 
By clicking you can also find my three mannequin stylings. I'm quite proud how they turned out:)
 Basically the deal is that many local specialty stores /private business owners joined their forces, 
put together some activities, special offers etc. in their boutiques to gain more customers to visit. 
It's really such a shame how easily all the huge and global companies (that are copies of one another!)
can take over the retail business, especially in fashion. Even I'm one of those who tend to use super
cheap stores way too often.. So who am I to moralize, I work for a (Swedish family business) 
chain store - and love it too. :) Anyhow, I had some time to visit these local wonders and utterly fell 
for a cute little hat boutique called Hattubaari (="Hat bar". Finnish isn't so far from English 
after all.. occasionally) I visited the shop with a dear friend of mine Heidi {miss you }


This was my dream hat.. Maybe some of these days :)




What's most special about this hat store is that the owner makes most of the hats herself! 
I'm truly impressed how talented she is. Boutique opened in 1963, and can I just say "wow". 
This one must be the oldest shop that's still standing strong in this whole (small) town 
- but that's just my wild, quite accurate guess. :) Both the owner and employer were so kind 
and fun women, and if you ever visit my hometown I suggest you visit this amazing little hat shop!




There was also "fleamarket" outside, full of glassware like vases, vintage clothes etc. Cute stuff!

30 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. They sure do! And the owner of the boutique makes many herself.. Talented lady.

      Thanks for the comment Cassandra!

      Delete
  2. Hi sweety satu, sorry for my absence i was very busy, but i'm happy to know that you had good time, this place is so beautiful, i love hats and all stuff made in a craft way.
    Have a beautiful day :)
    Clo

    http://redshoesforbreakfast.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's fine, I find myself being away from the blog from time to time, too :) xx Glad you visited.

      Delete
  3. Vaikuttaa sympaattiselta paikalta. Ja sulle käy hirmu hyvin tuo ekan kuvan hattu! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos :)) Se oli kyllä oikein suloinen uusi tuttavuus, täytyy käydä kurkkimassa (kuulemma miehen kanssa) uudestaan, jos jotain ihanaa tarttuisi ihan kauppakassiin asti ^^

      Delete
  4. This is a wonderful shop, I do love hats :) You look marvellous doll, am glad you went and shared with us :)) Have a lovely evening xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thank you so much dear! And I'm glad you liked x

      Delete
  5. Hihi, voi miten söpö idea tuo hattubaari :')
    Ja vintage vaatteiden kirpputori, mäkn haluun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos E.A ! ^^ Oli kyllä söpö putiikki. Ja kivoja vintage-juttuja, ei vain silloin tarttunut mitään matkaan -- hetkonen, ostin laukun vitosella ! On unohtunut kuvata :P

      Delete
  6. Hi. I hope you are alright?
    Great hats, funny pics. Thanks for shareing.
    Have a good time
    Sunny writes at Sunny's side of life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks I'm fine :))
      I loved that hat..

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks Anna! :) x It's a really cute shop indeed

      Delete
  8. Mmm! Great shop!
    Lysa
    http://www.leblogdelysa.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. I think so too! :) Would love to have every shape and color :D

      Delete
  10. Aw. That teal hat was super cute.

    gingercatqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Giedre! I think so too. And if I got the money I will take another look ;)

      Delete
  11. your dream hat is beautiful! I love the colour and it suits you SO well! especially with the black & white ensemble you're wearing here. that sweater is really cool! oh and the flea market sure looks cute ;)

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Maiken! I really loved that piece too.. Thanks so much for the compliment xx

      Delete
  12. beautiful post!

    I will be very happy if you would enter on my new giveaway!

    thank you so much!
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cecilia! :) I will check it out.. x

      Delete
  13. I really enjoyed the white hat with black ribbon.
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  14. hello hun..cute outfit... wanna follow each other? just tell me if u follow me, then i'll follow u back immediatley.

    Loves
    trokesland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete