December 18, 2013

Enhancing my Vanity

Some time ago I decided to change our non-working desk into my dressing table. I've been wanting one forever - well at least ever since I started to boost up my make up range (this year) and jewelry collection (at least 6 - 7 years). It was about time then! ;) I found some glassware from thrift store (about 2€/piece) and acrylic cups from local craft & supplies store that's having a huge clearance sale. I've actually been thinking about those clear boxes to put inside the drawers, for organizing all of my stuff properly. Every right-minded beauty blogger has at least one of those these days, right? ;D But for now these second-hand & sale beauties will do the job for me just fine. Plus they're more personal than the plain, see-through plastic boxes you see everywhere.

Can you tell which ones are acrylic and which glass?












Answer: 2 mugs with brushes etc. and 2 cups with lip colors and nail polishes are acrylic,
and eye shadow palettes, blushes and some small jewelry (+ mini Eiffel) in glass dishes. :)

22 comments :

  1. I love your vanity,its so cute! :) x
    celiablogging.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Charagh Bibi ! x I think so too, even though it's still a mess :P

      Delete
  2. I love the necklace hanger!
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Grace x I love it too. One of the rare girly pieces I do like..

      Delete
  3. Dang girl, you have one awesome organization system going on here, and it all looks so good too!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Linda! Still plenty to do but I'm pleased so far :)

      Delete
  4. Love your blog . following you with bloglovin . Thanks for participating in my giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much ! x Will visit you back now.

      Delete
  5. Quite a collection you've got there. And I love your vanity. It's so girly! :)
    http://thewallflowersecrets.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I do indeed! Thank you Alissa :) x

      Delete
  6. nice job, Satu! the outcome definitely is super cute and girly and luxurious :) and another good thing is the fact that my jewellery collection isn't the biggest after all because yours looks simply endless! :D
    ps. one day when I have organized my jewellery as well I'm going to photograph it all. but this "one day" is a very relative and random time limit, haha.

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maiken! :) hehe my collection isn't even completely shown here ! So I guess I should be a bit ashamed, hehe.
      Hmm it would be fun to photograph my jewelry too - but it would take forever :P

      Delete
  7. Thanks for inspiration. Merry christmas and a happy new year. Have a good time, enjoy your life. Sunny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sunny! x I hope you had a lovely Christmas too.

      Delete
  8. Great collection and great eye for detail! Love your selection, I really need to revamp mine, been on the lookout for glassware x

    Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog

    Laviniah
    http://bffbestfootforward.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment, Laviniah! I truly appreciate your kind words and feedback, it means a lot to me. :) x

      Delete
  9. Stunning pieces :)) Looks wonderful. I have one of those Paris towers as well, will have to use mine for my rings as well, great idea :))) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Doll xx Decorative items, as Eiffel here, make the best storages. :) Innovation, I say. x

      Delete
  10. Beautiful acrylic glass!! Nice vanity!

    Milady's pretty tables

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Didi! And all were really cheap too:)

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Oi kiitos. :) Pitää välillä vähän leikkiä rinsessaa! ^^

      Delete