December 1, 2013

When the Old is New
and the New is Old

There's something really special about vintage.
Those pieces have seen more time and events than I will ever experience, and probably been owned by several other people (even around the World) before our paths finally cross. Most of my own findings are from flea markets, where you can spot gracefully aged and valuable items with a ridiculously inexpensive price tag (not complaining, I love to be able to buy vintage) and the most beautiful ones are most often originated from some older lady's collection. You can really tell it just by looking at the clothes: everything is made out of silk or other higher class materials, and you might not even recognize their labels since those clothing companies most likely ended production long before you were even born.


from tip to toe:
burgundy wool hat - H&M sale
beige infinity scarf - GinaTricot
houndstooth coat - thrifted, vintage
burgundy leather gloves - Lindex
rose top and white knit - gifts from my mum
faux leather leggings - VeroModa
ombré bag - Mohito
black leather boots - thrifted, vintage

The houndstooth -patterned, black & gold buttoned tweed-coat in these outfit photos is
one of my treasures. I found it last year when visiting my sister in Helsinki, at UFF-charity
thrift store for only 4 euros! Even though the label says it's 3 sizes too big for me,
I think it's just perfect - so classy and beautiful, very Chanel'esque and .. so ME. * 


* And by "so ME" I usually just mean that I love something :D

 I really don't have a specific style that I would follow like a slave. That would actually 
be quite pointless and boring, I think. Oh and those leather boots are one of my newest 
thrifted items (also 4 euros). I've been wearing them almost every day since finding them, 
even though they're more like winter boots. And speaking of winter, we got some snow!
And tonight the weather has grown into a snow storm called Oskari.. Brr the wind :(
But here you can see some warmer-toned Autumn photos. x








54 comments :

  1. Hi there,
    the coat is very cool. I really love these orignial 60ies clothes.
    Have a good and peacefull time
    Sunny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sunny! :) I love it so much.

      Delete
  2. loving this style and pics, gurl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, taisin just rakastua tuohon sun laukkuun! ♥ Ja ihana sinä ;-*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww voi kiitos Emilia Aleksandra ! ^^ Se on kyllä upeus ja ihan lemppariasuste. Tosin nyt talven pimeydessä on tullut käytettyä enemmän uutta oxblood-mustaa laukkuani. Enpäs olekaan tajunnut esitellä täällä vielä .. ehkä joku päivä :D

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! :) That's my fave coat and wear that infinity scarf almost every day too. x

      Delete
  5. Takin ja hatun yhdistelmä toimii tosi hyvin! Ihana tuo hatun viininpunainen väri.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos paljon iduska :) Ne on kyllä mun ihanimmat mummoasusteet ^^

      Delete
  6. I love vintage, so so much :)) You look gorgeous doll, love the houndstooth!! I hope you have a gorgeous new week xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too :) Thanks so much Doll, you're the sweetest. x

      Delete
  7. Lovely printed coat! It looks very cosy for winter with your scarf :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoyed that post, Satu. and especially because I feel the same way about old, vintage things. I'm always thrilled when I find something like that, I mean something valuable and beautiful from a thrift store. and your coat and boots definitely go under that category. it's so cool to see how houndstooth print was "in" then and is super "in" also today. oh and that's also the reason why I find following current trends pretty pointless ;) everything can be "in" if you only want it to be!

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for this comment! :) I'm really glad to find similar minded fashionistas ;) x Your words are so true, I'm totally backing you up with that last sentence :D

      Delete
  9. Hey,
    sweet pictures and a great look. The coat is lovely! :)
    Kisses
    Tabea

    http://wolkedrei.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment dear :)

      Delete
  10. Hi! So great coat!!!
    Like it!
    Angela Donava
    http://www.lookbooks.fr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angela! :) Love it myself x

      Delete
  11. This coat was such a good find! I don't own a lot of vintage, but I have noticed with older garments like my mother's old clothes that the fabrics and such are a lot better quality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the comment, Jane! :) I often find that about vintage pieces, too. They might be 20 - 50 years old or even older, and in mint condition (with proper care.) But the clothes nowadays hardly last over one wash :DD

      Delete
  12. three cheers for vintage, that coat is beautiful!

    //teandtwosugars.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, thanks for the comment Georgia! xx I do agree.

      Delete
  13. coat is so nice!

    http://istylethereforeiiwear.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great look! Love your coat and hat! x

    Laviniah
    http://bffbestfootforward.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. such lovely images! vintage is a wonderful accesory ;)

    http://bohemiansbanquet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leticia dear xx I do agree, love them pieces .. ^^

      Delete
  16. Oooh you got snow! I'm so jealous, we're getting sun :o( I love this coat on you, it's so beautiful and special. The thing I love most about vintage is definitely the stories, the things it's seen and been to.

    SDMxx
    www.daringcoco.com
    WIN A $200 GIFT CARD TO NET-A-PORTER OR SHOPBOP! LAST DAY TO ENTER

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the comment Sonia! :) I guess I missed your giveaway but that's ok. ^^

      Delete
  17. love that <3
    however i would prefer shoes with heels ;)
    best wishes Lorá
    http://loracroissant.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback. I don't wear heels a lot and they're not very safe for me, haha ;D Thanks for the visit xx

      Delete
  18. that coat is amazing, really love pieces with history! actually, I love a clever mix of new and old things, as shown in your outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much xx So sweet. :) And I do agree on that one, I prefer mixing old and new - both with my outfits and home decor. ^^

      Delete
  19. u look super gorgeous! these photos are amazing :D

    xoxo, Eliza
    Bread and Butter

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful :) Love your coat and hat *-*

    emotionalrollercoaster.de

    ReplyDelete
  21. oi ihana takki ! ♥ ja toi hattu sopii sen kanssa niin hyvin!:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos paljon Emmy! ^^ Se on kyllä yksi lempparilöydöistäni.. Mummelitakkini ♥

      Delete
  22. Lovely! You're right the old is new!!

    Didi
    Milady's pretty tables

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Didi! :) I'm loving everything with a story, history. x

      Delete