Dior me, Dior me not

Cinq Couleurs 


Today I want to share something luxurious from the beauty department, these beauties have
waited long enough for me to share them here. You might think I've turned rich somehow but sadly no
- these palettes / 5 Couleurs / are from clearance sale. Next door to my workplace used to be Kicks beauty store, and I made quite big haul from their Dior make up section before they ended business.
Sad to see them go but I still have those department stores and online (like Fragrance Direct, e.l.f).
Sale was -50% and on top of that "take three pay for two" discount, so I could afford all three of these palettes, since it was only somewhere around 70 euros - normally one would cost about that! Happy girls are the prettiest, right? And I haven't even bared to use these yet, the surface of the first one especially is so adorable. That's one of my "Talon d'Achille" / "Achilles heel": visually appealing details. :)


Chérie Bow Edition
724 Rose Ballerine

 Designer
All-in-one artistry palette base, 3 colours and liner
208 Navy Design

 5 Couleurs Lift
Wide-eyed & radiant effect
Serum enriched primer & eye shadows
842 Lifting Rose




I hope you got a good picture of these based on my photos. Light was very cold and at some point reflected on the eye shadows, but I didn't want to enhance these or add too much warmth or the colours would seem unrealistic. It's always wise to make an image search for swatches before making decision on make up products. I use that technique myself a lot, and try to show sample on my skin / swatches on my blog too. But I didn't want to use these palettes just yet and "destroy" them for just some swatch images, which anyone can look up online. Especially since I'm just a beginner when it comes to beauty posts and just slowly learning how to use colours on my eyes. :)

Lately my focus on this blog has been surrounding around cosmetics, I really hope you don't mind - or ditch me. I'm still planning to be a lifestyle/fashion blogger and post outfit photos, but for now I'm sticking with what I'm most comfortable with. That comfort zone does not include showcasing my full body in shots so I hope there's understanding viewers out there. I have found some beautiful party wear and casual clothing, jewelry from jewelry & accessory store and my workplace Glitter's huge sales, as well as many items to beautify our mixed and matched home. I haven't had time to photograph everything, and as a matter of fact our home is currently in a state of chaos to take any decent interior inspiration images. I have shown my nightstand and vanity but all of these spaces have changed since I've cleaned up again :D Well they do say that order requires a little bit of chaos first, and by this chaos I mean my spring cleaning project that has lasted since previous spring. I've gone through my closet, jewelry collection and kitchen cabinets, taking out everything I don't need and these end up in my thrift store pile & cardboard boxes situating comfortably in our living rooms corner - yeah not very pretty. I've been selling loads and loads already, but somehow I keep on finding more things to get rid of and the mountain of unwanted stuff wont shrink. This might also have something to do with that I constantly find more suitable items to displace "not my style anymore"-items. Change is good, and I can't wait to achieve my dream home (incl. all rooms but also inside the closet, jewelry table, make up storage ..) So I guess I can handle this tiny chaos until then, and hopefully my love will too x fingers crossed x

62 comments :

  1. Great beauty collection by Dior! x

    http://bffbestfootforward.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so in love with makeup from Dior. *__*
    Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog...
    Lovely greets Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vanessa ♥ Me too! So adorable.

      x You're very welcome dear.

      Delete
  3. These are such beautiful palettes to have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sam! I think so too, and I bet I'll come up with really lovely looks with these :)

      Delete
  4. I don't mind focusing on more cosmetic talk at all! =)
    love these shadows
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh thanks Nancy! :) I'm glad I haven't spooked of everyone yet xx

      Delete
  5. That's okay with focusing with make up :) i really like the colors of the shadows.

    Avi
    www.petitefashionmonster.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Avi! :) Heh, I'm glad you think so.
      Aww I do agree, they're adorable. Especially looking forward to creating a look with the Navy Design, with the silver sparkle ..

      Delete
  6. 70 euros!? wow, girl, I know it's a nice deal but still I couldn't spend that much on cosmetics :P maybe it's because make up isn't quite my thing and I only use a couple of products (mascara, concealer, lip balm or lipstick). well, it's still interesting to peek all those fabulous goodies from blogs, I admit that ;) and I hope you will be able to start using those three fancy sets asap. don't let them get old, hehe.
    by the way, when I read the first part of this post it felt like reading my own thoughts because I'm exactly like that too, when it comes to cleaning. I'm a perfectionist and everything has to be in perfect order, otherwise I'm not happy or content. well and right now the second floor of our house is far from perfect which is bugging me a bit. but as you said, the end result is what counts and I'm always working to achieve the best result :)

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I had a minor mental disfunction ;) "Get three with the price of one" deal sounded soooo tempting and I had to grab it. It was now or never-situation, since I really couldn't afford luxury items otherwise.

      Nice to hear there's a similar minded gal out there! I would absolutely love it if everything had it's own storage, place, or nice display. But then there's these piles of unwanted things, and I just can't take them to storage since I'm about to take stuff to fleamarket :D (Yeah I've been "about to" for 6 months now.)

      Thanks for the comment xx

      Delete
  7. These palettes look amazing, I've never owned anything from Dior :P The rosy eyeshadows and neutral ones are my favourite.
    If you'd like to follow each other (gfc/bloglovin/g+), just let me know. xx

    Maja
    http://modern-muffin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maja! Me neither, not before grabbing these beauties. And with such a great bargain too, I couldn't afford buying these all the time ;)

      Will check out your blog next :) x

      Delete
    2. ^^Maybe that day will come for me too ;) Thanks for your visit. I follow back on gfc #756, bloglovin #306 and pinterest #198. Keep in touch :) xx

      Delete
  8. I love your blog
    followed
    http://minimaysi.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy girls are truely the prettiest especially with deals like that!

    
With A City Dream


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I think so too :) Such a great deal I think, 3 with price of 1 really.. :)

      Delete
  10. That palette looks super luxurious and has such great colors! A girl can never have enough make up ;-) You have a wonderful blog, feel free to check out mine ;-) xoxo
    http://www.hollylovespaul.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! I love all three of them. :)

      Delete
  11. Wow, this looks so great!

    Have a great day,
    -Kati

    P.S.: Thanks for commenting on my last post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kati! :) Heh, no problem ! You have such a cute blog x

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Thank you Joanne. Yeap, I couldn't possibly buy 3 for 200 euros, brrrrr....! :D

      Delete
  13. i love dior eyeshadows. thay are gorg!
    xoxo
    curcolat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too :)) Although this is my first time so don't have experience, but the shades do look gorgeous.

      Delete
  14. That's amazing that you got them on clearance! We don't have anything like that where I live.x

    I'm currently running a giveaway on my blog where you could win a $50 LUMO voucher. Check it out here!

    - Steph (cocochic.creatorsofdesire.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment Stephanie! Already visited & fell in love with your blog too ^^

      Delete
  15. Such lovely eyeshadows, and what a great deal to get 3 for what 1 costs!

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure are, will make beautiful eyes with these newbies ;) And a fabulous bargain too!

      Delete
  16. These look beautiful! And what an amazing clearance! I've been thinking about getting one of these but they're a bit pricey! Happy February!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Niina. Yes they sure are a bit (lot) in the expensive side. But with a sale like this just fine :) I hope you'll find some for yourself and that it wont be almost 100 euros ;)

      Delete
  17. Hi sweetheart, thank you so much for stopping by my blog after such long time! You are such a doll. These shadows are all really pretty and it is always great to get a wonderful deal!

    rae at lovefromberlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heyy Rae, thanks for the reply ! ^^
      I sure think so too, and can't wait to start wearing them either. I've become quite a beauty junkie lately, heh.

      Delete
  18. Taking a direction in showing more beauty items is great, I think I usually tend to spend more on skincare. I love the Dior colours in the palettes. :) /Madison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment Madison! :) I think it's essential to post whatever feels most suitable for the moment, and at this point it has been all my beauty findings. Next I might focus on home or diy, who knows :)

      Delete
  19. These palettes are all gorgeous, especially the first one! And such bargains, I would've snapped them up if I was there too :) xx

    Ps. I'm having a giveaway on my blog and would love for you to enter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Sadie! :)
      Yeah these sure were cheap, and so chic x

      Thanks for inviting me :)

      Delete
  20. I love these shades!! What a beautiful pallet!

    Thank you for your nice comment on my blog! Let's stay in touch! <3

    Diana
    www.ManhattanImageandStyle.com
    New Outfit Post: Denim, Plaid and Fur

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diana! :) Those are all really lovely palettes xxx

      Delete
  21. I love those pallettes
    =)
    new post: http://tupersonalshopperviajero.blogspot.com.es/2014/02/simof-2014-flamenco-fashion-show.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. i really love reading your blog, its amazing :) I was wondering if u would like to follow each other's blog?
    http://cresantiseema.blogspot.sg/
    thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much dear ! Such a lovely compliment. I must visit you back now xx

      Delete
  23. Beautiful colours <3 Nice palettes!!

    www.myladyboudoir.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sammy! I'm in love with them all xx

      Delete
  24. Nice post!, You want us to follow? Please let me know in the blog. Kisses.
    http://prettytendency.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great haul! Sounds like a real bargain too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Trishie! :) It sure was. Did also get some nailpolish, lipcolour .. ^^

      Delete
  26. This is beautiful! Such fabulous palettes. They all look perfect. xxx

    yecrad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Darcey! They sure all, can't decide a favorite today .. heh. x

      Delete
  27. Replies
    1. Oh I bet ;) Must be every day for you ? ..Luxury I mean. x

      Delete