February 22, 2014

Astor Eyes

This post is part 2 about my recent Fragrance Direct order, see first part here. Today I'm featuring two mono eye shadows & palette by Astor Cosmetics and two lipsticks by Body Collection.

Astor

Colour Couture Eyeshadow: Caribbean Sea & Inca Gold 1,20€/ £0.99


{click below to see swatches and reviews + more}



I used both wet and dry applicator, and I think the look was a lot better with the moist one. (left brush strokes) Colour was also a bit flaky when using dry brush. I have a thing for turquoise and emerald tones plus all things gold right now - that's the main reason I wanted to add these two into my order. Gladly these Caribbean Sea and Inca Gold -shades didn't disappoint me. Both look stunning! ^^



Eye Artist eye shadow palette: Coctail Squash (shade out of stock) 1,83€ / £1.50


Isn't it just the prettiest? The moment I saw this online I knew I had to have it, since the nude shades seemed so lovely (and you can never have too many shades of those, especially girl like me who loves to keep it simple) and I've wanted to try out shimmering blues as well - even though this one has only thin slice of it :) I think the texture is a lot better in this palette than on the two mono eye shadows above. I don't usually apply any make up products with the applicators that come with them since they're so tiny and hard to handle. But  this time I used the original applicator of the palette for these swatches below - and it was dry too! I can't believe how smoothly all colours formed on skin. I wish I could transfer this feel through the screen to you.
 Such a gorgeous line of soft and metallic shades with zero flakes - instant LOVE.

You can see the almost wet-look of the shades best from the bronze & pink shades here. :)

Body Collection

Maxi Lip lipstick: Minx & Melba 1,20€ / £0.99



top: Melba (out of stock?)
bottom: Minx - gorgeous baby pink!

Those were actually damaged - you can see the tips of these lipsticks are a bit smashed.. (The colour bar /lipstick itself had separated from the shell, and moved around loosely inside the case causing them to damage a bit on the tips. I placed them back, but I'm not sure how delicate they'll be when I start wearing them all the time. So I better use a lip colour brush in the future, just to be careful enough. :) Since I'll be using them anyways I wont complain too much, I guess it's not that big of a deal in the end since I'm able to use them just fine. But I'm quite "persnickety" when it comes to photographing my newbies: I like them to be in mint shape when I show them to you and not looking like they're already used! The lipsticks themselves are really soft feeling on the skin, but since my lips are dry right now (and they usually are no matter what I do to treat them) these didn't look nice on me. I must give them another try some day. Both tones are really adorable on the skin, like strawberry and chocolate ice cream! x

Instagram-friend of mine recommended I should contact the company about the damages, but the prices were so incredibly low on these so I probably wont bother this time. Everything that was smashed during delivery was salvageable (by my own actions) after all. And, I actually blame postal service for all the damages to my items - not this amazingly cheap store. :D

34 comments :

  1. Such a beautiful and dreamy eyeshadow palette. Sorry about the broken stuff--that's the worst! Found your blog randomly and i'm following you on bloglovin :)

    XxMO
    <a href="http://www.madame-ostrich.com>madame-ostrich.com</a>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the eye shadows from Astor. ;-)
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. the lipsticks are amazing!
    thanks for your post :)

    greetings from germany :)

    www.dxrksweetness.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely blog!!!
    Would you like to follow each other on GFC / FB / Bloglovin?
    Let me know, I always follow back;)

    http://silkandsmoke.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a couple of the Astor Duo eyeshadows which I really love and at 99p you can't go wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Die Erdtöne gefallen mir am besten <3
    Danke dir tausend Mal für dein liebes Kompliment :)
    lg

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oi että, ihanan keväisiä luomivärejä!<3 Mä tarvisin kans ite jotain piristystä meikkipussiin! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cosmetics, I adore these lips sticks, they have amazing colors <3

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ei me kuule postillakaan ihan miten sattuu niitä tavaroita käsitellä ;D Mut hei harmi että sun ostokset ei oo tullu ehjänä perille, se on aina inhottavaa. Ihanan näköisiä sävyjä kuitenkin, varsinkin juuri nuo huulipunat :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Niin en mä suomen postista oikeastaan puhunutkaan ... ;) Mutta ketään ihan oikeasti syyttelemättä, jossain vaiheessa ton päällä on varmaan ollu jotain painavampaa ja laatikko pettänyt alta eikä sille mitään mahda jos vahinkoja käy.. Säikähdyksellä selvittiin, mutta joku olisi kyllä voinut pistää vähän teippiä tohon ammottavaan reikään :,D

      Delete
  10. Lovely Swatches and the pink palette is such an interesting shape!
    xoxo,

    BerryBloomXO.blogspot.co.uk 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear! :) I think so too, really unique. Just too bad there's only thin slices of each shade though ;)

      Delete
  11. such a nice make up
    kss
    http://tupersonalshopperviajero.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the inca gold shade and the blue :) such a gorgeous color combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joyce! They're really adorable indeed, perfect for summer I think .. ^^

      Delete
  13. Such stunning colours doll, very beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear! :) I love every bit I got x

      Delete
  14. Great selection dear! Love the lip shades!
    Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog

    xx

    http://bffbestfootforward.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laviniah! ^^ I think the pink one would suit you really well too.. Love it x

      Delete
  15. I love the pink and copper-like hues. I've not tried this particular bran before. :)
    xx/Madison
    @ladyofashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Madison! :) Me too, I think those suit me better than cold tones (but I just had to have that emerald/turquoise palette too! ^^)
      It was completely new to me before too, but this site introduced me to it. Love them a lot already, I have also bright pink/fuchsia lipstick from Astor which looks gorgeous :)

      Delete
  16. The colours are so pretty! I would love to see them on you, hun.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice shades! :) I've followed you dear! Follow back~
    Love, Shabana
    http://shabanasultana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the blue eyeshadow. Too bad some of the things were damaged, though.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such gorgeous shades, my favourite is the gold eyeshadow :)

    //teandtwosugars.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. such pretty shades! sorry to hear about the damage but I can't be bothered returning things either sometimes haha! :)

    Metallic Paws

    ReplyDelete
  21. The second eye shadow palette looks so nice !I love that mix of colours :)

    Shame about the damage, but good you can still use the products :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  22. The colors are very pretty. So sad that they arrived damaged.

    Tracy @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really love the colors and also I'm very sorry they arrived damaged. What a shame.
    I don't think here in Mexico we have this label, I will search for them :D

    Avi
    www.petitefashionmonster.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great eyeshadows. The multi eyeshadow is great and I like how you displayed lipsticks to match the colours :) xx

    Maja
    http://modern-muffin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello Satu,hope your well,sorry for not stopping by for a while,personal life stuff :/ but Im back for now and loving catching up on your posts :)
    This eye shadow is such a beautiful,rich colour,and I cant believe the price,what a bargain buy and good value! OOoo and this multi shad pallette one,I love the colours and so true you can never have too many nude/natural shades,I have so many shades of toupes and browns :D but its also fun to experiment with colour,like blues and turqoise,bring out the colour in your eyes x
    Oh no cant believe those lipsticks got smashed up abit on the ends,that does dampen the excitiment of recieving and opening something you've bought,but they look ok plus therel still usable,my favourite is the cute baby pink one,looks so sweet.

    ReplyDelete