April 28, 2014

FOTD: MINX

Hello. It's been a while. :) I needed a little time off from the blogging world, and I've mainly focused on publishing randomness on my Instagram (link to my profile on the sidebar :) @indiebyheart_satu ) But I haven't forgotten you all here, and will be visiting everyone back as soon as possible. Thank you for all the comments while I've been offline xx

Thrifted vintage blouse with embellished collar 
Gold watch / oldie from Glitter
Body Collection lipstick "Minx" / Fragrance Direct only 1,19€ here

I feel like this is my favorite photo of me. Not being selfish, don't get me wrong. :) I just think most of my photos are "nwah it's okay" or then the usual "oh my, horriblehorriblehorrible, delete it please please". My mum usually takes those and refuses to delete, haaha ..but this one above makes me smile. Obviously I took it myself, with a little help of a mirror. I love it a lot actually. I can look beautiful.. If I really try hehe! 

Which brings the next topic in mind ..Self image.
Every time someone says "You look lovely today" I get a little blush on my cheeks, look a bit over my shoulder with a shy smile and say with sincerity "Thank you". I guess I'm one of those people who have days when they're comfortable in their own skin, just the way are when they wake up, but sometimes needs little (or enormous!) boost to feel more confident and appropriate to go outside in public :D Little retouches and touch-ups with cosmetics, just to bring out the best features of your face. And then choosing the kind of wardrobe that suits your figure. I guess that's very much like every other regular women. But the way many girls portray themselves in their blog or instagram photos differs from me enormously. You wont see me showing off my tits in teeny tiny tops or putting on so much make up that even my own mother wouldn't recognize me. And If I make a duckface it's for fun or to show off my lipstick better haha! That's not who I am, some glam barbie. :) I'm more of a down-to-earth girl, with a blossoming desire for all things beautiful and sparkly. Glam hippie? Feet on the ground -kind of materialism is the best kind to me.

{ Ps. I adore this lipcolour. Mwah! :}


Body Collection "Minx" is one of the products in my recent Fragrance Direct hauls, and I had to restock! 
You can see my posts about the order hereherehere and here. It has arrived broken both times,
but works pretty well when fixed. It's just such a shame to receive something broken and that you can't get a lovely picture of it - beauty blogger problem :D




 
Nude eyes.

I'm also very impressed with the quality of these photos. They were taken with my Samsung S3, like many recent pics of mine since I love to be able to post images straight to instagram, twitter etc. I might even say that photos are better than with my actual camera. (Well, it's just a amateur apparatus anyways. Still looking for a mini dslr. Can't decide what I want and which I can afford, since I'm paying my laptop and phone already..:)
And by the way, my hair has gone lighter since taking these photos. I'm going for ombre, light brown to natural/strawberry blonde .. but we'll see how I accomplish this, I don't want to end up with carrot head after all! :D There's pros and cons about easy-uploading of Instagram. On the other hand it's a really nice way to update about your day, but then this blog is neglected. I'm still finding the right balance here, but I hope you wont leave my blog xx

45 comments :

  1. Kaunokainen <3 Ja kivaa kun voin nyt seurata sua instagramissakin kun on uusi puhelin. Itselläkin on vähän kaikkea menossa niin blogiin ei ole niin paljon voinut panostaa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hih. :) <3 Niinpä, kivaa ! Olen kyllä maailman huonoin bloggaaja, laiskimus ! Mutta ei pidä pakottaa :)

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see more pics of your hair! These photos are all gorgeous of you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! ^^ I've got pictures up on my Instagram now xx

      Delete
  3. These photos are gorgeous doll, glam hippie, I can go with that, I don't take compliments so well, I am thankful for them, but I am just me really. The products here are gorgeous, love the lip colour, so pretty!! I hope you have a great week doll xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! ^^ Hehe, that's who I am. Glamorous girl with a sprinkle here and there of a woodland nymph ;)

      I know, I'd love to get everything! But so far just dreaming because I have to ban myself from buying so much make up :D
      xxx

      Delete
  4. Yay you have a new post!! I LOVE this look - you are so pretty. I don't know why but you remind me a lot of myself - your style, the make up you wear and you have a look of me in the face too - especially the eyes.

    Maybe I am delirious though and you don't agree!!

    Love always xxxx

    Rebekah from My Delicate Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you sweetheart! (I read your comment straight away but have time to reply only now.. Poor little blogger me :,) hehe)

      I must agree, I think there's a lot in common with our looks! ^^ Love yours too, by the way. Hey little sister xx

      Delete
  5. hey! nice to see you again! and I must say it's definitely a wonderful photo series of you. the light is perfect and you look lovely. oh and your hair colour is very pretty, in addition to the lilac-pinkish lippie. haha and that blouse is something similar to those available in my closet ;) anyway, take care, dear and enjoy the fresh week!

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment dear! Girl loves a compliment xx * blush *
      Ooh I have many similar blouses, all my recent finds at local charity shop. They were only 1€ so I had to grab many, heh ^^

      xxx

      Delete
  6. Glam barbies don't come close to how cute your are. Just look at those eyes.

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you <3 Thank you Avy, always so kind. xx

      Delete
  7. You are absolutely stunning! Loving that lipstick color!!
    xo TJ
    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous look! your eyes are so pretty <3

    http://ephemeralfox.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you April! xx I must admit I love the unique colour of them ^^

      Delete
  9. Aivan ihana huulipuna! <3 Aikamoinen kaunotar olet!

    Milla / millamainen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tykkään punasta todella paljon, niin kovin että sitä löytyy nyt kaksin kappalein! ^^ Voin joutua tilaamaan pian vielä lisää, hiih.

      Awwww voi kiitos pus x

      Delete
  10. I love this photo of you! You look gorgeous,I love your hair here,and your make up is flawless,especially loving the colour of your lipstick x
    This is the lovelist post,and yes I agree,you seem a very genuine down to earth blogger/person :) and I love 'glam hippie' I love that you do you,what you want,being yourself,makes you individual,which makes following your blog so interesting and enjoyable! x
    Thanks so much for being a loyal reader :) always love reading your comments,I too am absent from blogger a bit,so sorry for not stopping by much...but always instagram :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for Instagram indeed ! Although because of it I'm neglecting everyone in blogging world, oh dear .. Well perhaps someday I'll find a balance and do both with same energy! ;) Life's all about learning right.

      Aww you, thanks for all the kind words! I feel the same way about you and I guess those qualities "hook" similar minded readers. Or blog friends even! x
      Let's stay in touch :)

      xxx

      Delete
  11. Welcome back sweetie, we all do need a little break every now and again. I did the same thing. You looks so pretty with that hot lipstick color. love it. ox

    http://www.attraction2fashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kindness xx

      Aww I love it, so glad you think so too! It's my favorite atm. ^^

      Delete
  12. I think you look stunning dear. The light in the photo also captures you well. Beautiful lip colour as well.
    xx/Madison
    Enter My Travel/Food Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Madison! xx
      It was natural light from the window - so glad there's at least some now (winter season is so dark and days short)

      xx

      Delete
  13. oi miten ihania kuvia! oot ihan supernättinä ♥ :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your hair colour dear! Very pretty picture and welcome back
    Thanks for your sweet comment
    xx

    http://bffbestfootforward.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laviniah xx
      I love it, though it's even lighter now ;)

      Delete
  15. Cute photos! You are very beautiful! :) I like using instagram a lot too, so fun to browse and share :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  16. ♥ Wow lovely blog you have, I was just browsing though & stumbled upon it - It's beyond beautiful with interesting posts. I'm following you via gfc now! Keep in touch x

    http://femministreflections.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all the compliments xx
      Will visit you back now!

      Delete
  17. Nice these photos!!!
    Have a good Sunday!!!
    Angela Donava
    http://www.lookbooks.fr

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glam hippie ! It's perfect ♥ hehe
    Oh, first time I've seen some proper pictures of you!
    And you are gorgeous, ofc ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really! I thought I've posted plenty here, heehe ^^ I guess it's been a while.. I'm not much of a fashion blogger anymore. And mostly posting on Instagram anyway.

      Delete
  19. Wow. I adore the watch and white shirt. this is my first stop to your blog and
    I am in love with your style.

    Peace, Love, & Good Chocolate,

    PARIS // CharcoalAlley.com
    instagram:@CharcoalAlley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely comment, and for visiting! I'm a fan of your style myself so this warmed my heart a lot xx

      Delete
  20. You are beautiful! also, I love your eye make-up!
    and that is crazy that these were taken with your phone! they are really good quality!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jessi! :) You're so kind.

      Hehe I know, quality is better than with my normal camera! Well I need a new one desperately anyways ;)

      Delete
  21. How cute are your selfies?! Also love that lip colour, too pretty<3

    //teandtwosugars.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete