September 15, 2014

New Found Glory:
W7 Cosmetics

It's no secret that I've managed to grow myself into a quite massive hoarder of make up. This wasn't a sudden change from ugly duckling to beauty junkie - it has happened little by little, gradually during the past year or two. Especially during past year, since I've discovered the wonderful world of Instagram (beauty) bloggers and constantly absorb make up ideas and new brands from them. And that's where I've been these past few months, instablogging. The items photographed for this beauty post have been ordered during this past summer from my favourite online beauty store Fragrance Direct and (new find:) Xtras! What's quite amazing about this another British site is that the delivery to Finland is free. I also have to give big thumbs up for their customer service. The reply was very prompt when I emailed them that I had forgotten to apply a discount code at checkout. They were so kind and sent the difference back to my paypal account, yippiee ♥ So I recommend that you order their newsletter asap, since that includes a welcoming discount code. But the prices are quite cheap to begin with! ;)

{ eye liner here and here }

I can't remember exactly how I fell for this brand, W7. I think I just spotted some of their make up on beauty blogs, like Miss Makeup Magpie, and since they're so adorable I wanted to find out more about it. So one day I got this crazy idea to make a haul, including various shades of each product I found appealing to me. As I already mentioned above, I ordered some of these products from FD and some from Xtras. It feels like Christmas when you wait for your package to arrive and when you finally receive it, oh the joy of unpacking. 
(I must look like Gollum, eyes shining and huge grin on my face! "New make up .. My precious!")
And even though there's a bunch here already, I'm not fully convinced if I've got enough of W7 yet, hehe. For my luck - and my bank account's - this beauty brand is very cheap! And by that I don't mean crappy at all. So far I'm loving everything I've got my hands on, plus all the fun designs of the packages are too cute to pass! And even though I'm not a professional, I think the quality beats many brands that I've tried over the years, even some more expensive ones.

I'm not going to fully review all of these pieces in this post, so if you have any questions about them or want to see swatches etc., feel free to comment. I'm happy to help you figure out whether these beauties are right match for you or not xx
I will add links to shops for all products that seem to be currently available.

{ W7 In the Nude, here and here}

Beauty bloggers all around are obsessed with the Urban Decay's Naked3 -eye shadow palette and I have a feeling that even you might have been lusting after it? I haven't got one myself, but would be fun to try out, to see for myself what the fuss is all about! Instead I've got Makeup Revolution Iconic3 with the exactly same tones, and now also W7 In the Nude -natural nudes eye colour palette which cost about 6 euros. 






First impression is that this In the Nude -palette has slightly dry and powdery texture, so there's obviously some fallout. Again, I'm not a pro when it comes to makeup but my tip is that you just need to tap off all the excess colour from the eye shadow brush or applicator, and you're good to go. Even some Dior eyeshadows have the same feature, tiny powdery particles falling on your cheekbones. One other way to avoid it is to use a moist brush! This way the shade becomes more visible as well, which is just a huge plus. 



{ Naked Nudes here and Golden brown.}

{ Party Time eye shadow and lip gloss palette here }

None of these palettes above cost more than few euros! So why waste your money on highly priced colour cosmetics? Yeah because of the brand, logo, design - obviously. It does give a warm and all bubbly and tingling feeling when you're about buy something luxurious.. You feel almost like a royal, walking around with a little piece of designer heaven! I've mentioned this before, but my Achilles heel is Dior and Chanel make up when they're on sale like -40%.. :D I can't help it, I just want to have it all .. even though I haven't got heart to use them just yet ♥ But I do love my bargain brands, as well.


{ Double Act here / Honolulu here / The Honey Queen Honeycomb here / Africa }

These blushers and bronzers are by far some of the favourite ones I own. Visuality is crucial to me, so these beauties stole my heart completely. Kitchy cuteness. They remind me of Benefit cosmetics, since they're also adorably decorated cardboard boxes with similar blusher brush. Just look at them, aww.






{ Camouflage Kit cream concealer here }



{ Make Me Blush & The Cheek of It -blushers }

I wear some kind of bronzer or blush almost every day, so there's no harm in owning multiple shades - even some that resemble each other. I'm going to wear them all 'til I hit the pan! These W7 blushers are quite big sized, compared to the ones I already have. It was a nice surprise when unpacking my Xtras-haul, I do like getting more than what I paid for.


{ Make Me Blush "Dahlia" here / "Zara" here / "Elvie" here and The Cheek of It "Baby Pink" }


I couldn't possibly own too many lippies!

{ Go West! -lipsticks here and here }

Pink Candy 

Perfect Pink

Pink Tease

Powder Pink

Fluoroscent Pink

All in all I'm overjoyed with my all of my purchases! I can totally recommend these stores to everyone, and also this newly discovered favourite brand of mine. :) I'm also happy to hear if you have some of your own favourites, especially good quality with inexpensive price tag. 


xx

21 comments :

  1. Welcome back doll! Your posts have been missed. This looks like a lot of really great products! I will have to have a very good look at their site as I need to buy some new things. I hope you've been well, wish you a great week!! Kizzy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kizzy <3 I'm so glad to hear that.
      I hope you can find these overseas, just google them and I bet there's some site selling these! xx

      Delete
  2. You have so much makeup 0_o
    Lol it makes me want to go out and buy more!!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, this isn't even 1% of it .. :D I've become quite a hoarder lately!

      Thanks for the comment! And I hope you can fins something as cute there. xxx

      Delete
  3. Welcome back! I've been seeing your instagram pics and I love them! I wish I could be a beauty collector as you are! My collection of make up is so small I can't even make a post of it haha that is an area I want to grow :) Love this post! the pink shades palette is so beautiful!
    XOXO

    Milu
    www.hellolupi.blogspot.com
    ONE DAY LEFT - $50 INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY WITH WHITE PLUM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Milu! And I'm glad you've been following on instagram, since that has been my main blogging platform lately. :)

      All this happened kinda accidentally, little by little I started to make bargain beauty hauls online ... And now I have way too much stuff for one girl, some unopened even :P

      Delete
  4. These products look great. They are all very pretty. I really need to up my game when it comes to makeup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! :) In my case this has been a bit accidental, I haven't even been looking for anything special - just something new and exciting and cheap ;) I bet there's plenty of places in USA / online where you can have similar accidents, hehe ;) x

      Delete
  5. Ahh, makeup! I'm sort of a beauty junkie as well, though I have stuck to drugstore brands for now. This looks simply lovely, though. And you're right, a girl can never have too many lippies. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Elisabeth! Well all of these items were really cheap, if you check out the stores :) Biggest palette around 7 euros. I use drugstore brands mostly, so I know what you're talking about. But I do have my "Achilles heel" and that's Dior and Chanel on clearance sales :D That's when I splurge on luxury.

      Delete
  6. Amazing makeup and blog!
    http://www.fabuloustorture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Andrea! I'm glad you visited, thanks for the comment xx

      Delete
  7. Welcome back and these all look super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. new makeup is always such a fun treat.
    xo //charcoalalley.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colors of the Naked Nudes! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ihana postaus! En malta odottaa, että pääsen näkemään Sirkun-purkin kotonasi :)

    xxx
    E
    http://dragonflyelisabeth.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like it. Everything is so pretty and pink.

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving your makeup choices, pink makes everything pretty. I'm your new follower on G+ and Bloglovin because you are inspiring to me:)) Hope you will check my blog out and follow if you like it. Have a beautiful weekend!

    Much Love,
    Tania
    http://inspiremyfancy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. the w7 range is fantastic i love there lipsticks
    http://www.fragrancepanda.com

    ReplyDelete